The Western New York Running Hall of Fame Board of Directors:
Bill Donnelly, President
- Past President, Buffalo Philharmonic Athletic Club
- Member, Belle Watling Athletic Club (since 1975)
- Author, Buffalo Chips, a humorous running blog
- Contributor, Running Times and Marathon & Beyond
- Former running columnist, Buffalo News
- Past President, Lancaster Striders Running Club
- Past President, Nickel City Roadrunners
- Past Race Director, Podiatry 5K
- Medical Staff, Olympic Marathon Trials 1980 and 1984
- Earned All-Catholic honors in cross-country and track.
- Three-time All-American at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City, TN.
- Won Delaware YMCA Turkey Trot 1980-83.
- Won Conners-Kait-Harrity Four Mile Race in 1980, 1981, and 1983. His 1983 time of 18:19 is the course record.
- Finished third in the 1984 Houston Marathon with a time of 2:11:55.
- Finished 74th in the 1984 Olympic Trials in Niagara Falls with a time of 2:28:39.
- Member of two USA Cross Country teams in the early 1980s and a member of the U.S. World Cup Marathon Team in 1985.
- Member of four Halls of Fame: the St. Francis High School Hall of Fame, the East Tennessee State University Hall of Fame, the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame, and now the Western New York Running Hall of Fame.
- Member, Checkers Athletic Club
- Committee Member, Olympic Marathon Trials, 1980 and 1984
- Past Race Director, Darien Lake Triathlon
- Past Committee Member, Nissan Buffalo Marathon
- Two-time USA Olympic Trials Qualifier
- Seven-time Cross Country/Track and Field All American
- Coach, University at Buffalo men’s and women’s cross country and women’s track teams
- Coach, Checkers Athletic Club
- Race Director, Subaru Four-Mile Chase
- President, Bond Lake Athletic Club
Fritz Van Leaven
- Board Member/Secretary/Membership Coordinator, Checkers Athletic Club
- Board Member/Committee Member, Buffalo Marathon
- Co-Race Director, Lindsay’s Legacy 5k
- Proprietor, Target Runner Services
- Committee Member, Girls on the Run of Buffalo 5k
You can reach any board member via e-mail at email@example.com.