Bill Mangan (2012)
He led Niagara Falls High School to a State Federation Meet title in 1982. He was a two-time All-American at the University of New Mexico. He ran 13:47 in the 5K on track twice, once at the Penn Relays.
He ran for the U.S. World Cross Country team.
At the Olympic trials qualifier in 1992, he ran sub-14 minutes in 5,000 three times.
He was a member of the U.S. World Junior Cross Country Team in 1985 and the U.S. World Senior Cross Country Team in 1990.
He was an NCAA Division I All-American in the 5000 meters in 1987.
He was Western Athletic Conference 5000-meter and 10,000-meter Outdoor Track Champion. He was also Western Athletic Conference Track Athlete of the Year.
He won the 5000-meter event at the Penn Relays.
- Track PRs: 800m, 1:49.4; 1,500m, 3:44.5; 3,000m, 7:56.5; 5,000m, 13:42.6; 10,000m, 28:26.3.
- Road PRs: 1 mile, 4:01.5, 5km, 14:01.3; 8.5km, 23:58.0 (NZ Round the Bays); 10km, 28:10.
- Led Niagara Falls High School to a State federation meet title in 1983.
- Two-time All-American at the University of New Mexico.
- Ran 13:47 for 5K on track twice; won Penn Relays 5K – 13:47
- Ran on the U.S. World Cross Country team.
- Olympic Trials qualifier – ran sub-14 minutes in 5,000 three times.
- U.S. World Jr. Cross Country Team (1985).
- U.S. World Sr. Cross Country Team (1990).
- All American 5000m NCAA Div I (1987).
- Western Athletic Conference (WAC) 10,000m Outdoor Track Champion.
- 9th Mt. Sac Relays 5,000m Invitational (13:51.1).
- All American 5000m NCAA Div I (1989).
- Penn Relays 5000m Champion.
- Western Athletic Conference (WAC) – 10,000m Outdoor Track Champion, 5,000m Outdoor Track Champion.
- WAC Track Athlete of the Year.
- 9th Mt. Sac Relays 5,000m Invitational (13:49.7).
- All-American Honorable Mention – Cross Country (1989).
- U.S. 12km Championship – 5th place (34:05, 4:36/mile).
- U.S. 8km Road Championship – 3rd place (Portland, OR).
- 9th Cinque Mulini – Milano, Italy.
- 2nd Santa Monica Invitational 5,000m (13:50.1).
- 6th Boston Twilight 5,000m – 13:47.2.
- Qualified U.S. Olympic Trials 1992.
- 3rd Round the Bays, Auckland, New Zealand (1992).
- U.S. World Road Relays Team (5km leg), Madeira, Portugal.